Think you’ve done everything to attract visitors to your website? But even though your site looks great and has the right keywords, it still isn’t getting much traffic. What could be the problem?
Take a closer look at your content. Are you using high-quality content for your website and search engine optimization (SEO) activities?
Content marketing matters for SEO and vice versa. Their success depends on one another, so implementing one without the other is counterproductive. Relevant content creation, in fact, is the most effective SEO tactic for most marketing influencers worldwide.
When you integrate quality content with your SEO strategy, your business can achieve these five things:
1. Improved search rankings
Your website will rank higher in search engines if it has all these:
- Optimized content – Using top researched and relevant keywords naturally in your content helps your pages to be found by search engines.
- Useful and relevant content – Content marketing is about creating content not just for search engines but primarily for humans. Your content must provide the information people are looking for and help them answer their question or solve their problem.
- Content freshness – Google loves new content. This is why fresh content ranks higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) than outdated and older content. Giving your older blogposts a refresh can work wonders.
- Content optimized for vertical search – Your site’s images, videos, and other forms of content—aside from text—are what vertical search engines focus on (as opposed to horizontal search that focuses on a wide range of content across the web). Your site will likely show up in image search results, for instance, if you always use images and optimize them for vertical search.
2. Quality Backlinks and Traffic Boost
To drive more visitors to your site, you need quality backlinks (high-authority websites and blogs linking to your site). And to get more backlinks, you need quality content in your site that’s worth linking to. People would love to link to you when they see your content as useful and relevant with expert knowledge in your niche.
When search engines see a lot of high-quality sites linking back to yours, they’ll rank your web pages or blog posts highly.
3. Better Engagement and User Experience
Your SEO strategy should not only drive traffic to your site but also make visitors stay long enough to buy your product or sign up for your newsletter. How can you achieve that? Through quality content, of course!
When your audience finds your content very helpful, informative, and well-written, they’re more likely to engage with it rather than abandoning your site. Engaging content makes people want to comment on your posts, contact you for questions, or share your links on social media. The higher your site’s engagement is, the better you’ll rank in search engines.
4. Increased Leads and Conversion Rates
Offering free comprehensive and in-depth content such as ebooks, case studies, or white papers can help in lead generation and conversion. You can provide just a preview of your content and invite your readers to sign up by submitting their name and email address to get full access.
5. Trust and Credibility
If your website is trustworthy and credible, search engines and your audience will see you as an authority in your niche. Content marketing can influence your site’s credibility through publishing expert content, showing customer reviews, and linking to authoritative sites.
The SEO value of quality content cannot be emphasized enough. Invest your resources in ensuring your website and SEO campaigns have excellent content. Contact Mixolutionz to find out more about how you can tap into content marketing to improve your SEO strategy.